How are you all? I hope it's been a good week and that you all were able to have your FHE's, read your scriptures and pray! And that you keep it up this week!
It's been another wonderful week in Micaela this week, full of miracles and wonderful blessings from our Heavenly Father. Thank you all for your prayers, with a few bumps and a lot of prayer and hard work, we were able to successfully pull together the activity to raise money for Hermana R. this week. It was a neat experience because we recieved a lot of help from the ward members, especially the newly called RS president and the High Priest President. I was really stressed about it during the beginning of the week, and we spent a lot of time with Hna R. trying to work out all the details and then of course, Saturday morning getting all the food together and serving it on the plates and everything, but it all worked out well! I'm honestly just happy that it's over! It was a good learning experience and there's a lot of things I'd do differently if I could do it again, but we're just glad that everything worked out, and now we can put a lot more focus on helping her get ready for her baptism on the 28th!
This week I also lost my planner, which was super sad because it was the first planner I've lost in my mission, and it had all the information for our area there, but it all turned out okay because I still have my planner from the last transfer that has the majority of the information we needed...but it was still pretty sad. :( oh well, I guess it was bound to happen at least once in my mission haha :)
In other news, Hermana P. (new companion) is so amazing. She's 25 years old and from Sinaloa, Mexico and has been a member her whole life. She's really loving and funny and we've been laughing a lot and really enjoying this last week. She's also got a lot of strengths that are some of my weaknesses, and even though that was kind of hard for me the first day or two, I'm learning so much from her everyday, and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father knows what I need to be reminded of and the things that I need to improve on, and that He's sent me someone to help me recognize my weaknesses and improve. I'm so grateful that she's so willing to serve because it made it so much easier to pull off the pollada on Saturday because I had her support.
This week I've learned a lot about having faith and about fasting. I had the opportunity to exercise a lot of faith with the activity that we had with Hermana R....there were so many times that it just simply looked like things weren't going to come together, but after a lot of fervent prayer and a lot of hard work it did. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father heard the prayers of my companion and I. When we fasted this Sunday we had a special part of our fast just to give thanks for all the help that Heavenly Father had given us. I'm so grateful that we have a Heavenly Father that is so willing to help us out when we're willing to work to get things done!
I love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers, love and support. You are all such amazing examples to me and I am so grateful to be a part of your lives. Don't ever forget that the Lord is always listening and ready to help us in our needs.
Love,
Hermana Garner
No comments:
Post a Comment