Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9, 2015

Dear friends and family,

I hope you all are having a wonderful Monday today!! Over here in Piura it's been a pretty normal Pday, shopping, cleaning and doing a little bit of work in our room to get ready for the week....yaaay! haha.

I've learned so much this week. I am so grateful every single day for the opportunity that my Heavenly Father has given me to serve Him here in the mission field...so grateful for the chance to learn from other missionaries, companions, leaders and President and Sister Rowley. This week we had our Zone meeting for the month of March. It was, as usual, a really inspiring meeting and a really great time for reflection and learning. One of the things that really hit me was when we were talking about what being a missionary means to us, and the types of qualities a true missionary should have. A few of my favorites that we mentioned were: Love for the people that they work with, diligence, valient, and a light for all those that see them. I've recently been reading a lot more seriously from Jesus the Christ and am also trying to memorize El Cristo Vivente (The Living Christ), and it has given me a completely different focus in my life. I feel like I'm really coming to know my Savior and trying even harder every day to become more like Him. I know that He lives and that this life would literally be so sad and so miserable without the hope and stregth that comes through His eternal atoning sacrifice. 

Something else I learned this week was from our meeting with our ward mission leader. They recently called new ward missionaries to help us in our work (which is awesome) and one of them was talking. We were discussing a couple of weaknesses that we have in our ward and he was talking about how he had seen all of these issues in the ward as a member, but he hadn't done anything about it. Now that he has a calling, he feels the responsibility. I have learned in my mission that I don't need to be in any kind of leadership position to make a difference in the place where I'm at. I realized that a lot of time we make that excuse to ourselves. Maybe we see a sister that needs help, but instead of doing something we say to ourselves "Well, I don't have a calling in the Relief Society, and that's their responsibility, so I won't do anything." And maybe we don't say that, but it's something to think about. We shouldn't wait to help tomorrow when there's something we can do today. :)

I'm so grateful for my companion. I think I say that pretty much every week about almost all of my companions, but it really is so true. I'm grateful to have someone at my side that's there for the good times and the bad times, that encourages me when I feel bad, and that helps me improve and find the good in difficult moments. I know that this work and the way we bring it about it so inspired. I love this work and I know it is the Lord's. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and am continually grateful for the peace, hope, strength and relief that comes to my every day life as a result of His Atonement. I love you all so much and I wish you all a wonderful week! 

Love,

Hermana Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment