It's so amazing how, even after almost 18 months in the mission field, one can learn so many new things every day. I love this life so much. Even though it can be pretty rough sometimes, there is no greater blessing than the blessing of being able to learn. I am so grateful for all of the parts of Heavenly Father's plan that worked together to make this probationary state possible for each and every one of us. This week I have been re reading a few of the General Conferences talks from April. Those of you that have not gone back yet to see the words of the Lord's servants from this conference, I encourage you to repent and do it now. There is so much truth to be found there in that modern scripture, and just like when we read or re read the Bible or the Book of Mormon, there are always new things that we learn and new ways to apply them.
One of the highlights of this last week was the interviews I was able to have with the new mission president and his wife. Presidnet and Sister Rasmussen are seriously so amazing. They are so full of energy and life and so much power and inspiration. I testify to each one of you that the Lord really does call and qualify each and every one of his servants. I went into this interview with a lot of questions and mostly just a really large burden that was becoming unbearable. As I was able to express my concerns and feelings to my priesthood leader, He helped me see HOW to trust in the Lord enough to take the burden I was carrying off of my shoulders and lay it at the Savior's feet. I know that a lot of times we think that if we need to go talk to the bishop or to a priesthood leader, it's because we need to confess something, or because there's something that's out of line in our lives that we feel we need to realign, but I'm here to tell you all that even though that is true, they are also there to be our guides and to help us in our spiritual progression...even in the everyday things.
I want you all to know that there truly is a person that is capable of understanding us perfectly and helping us "bear our burdens with ease" (Mosiah 24:14-15) and that Person is Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and that His help is real and it is something that exists today, for EVERYONE; from the vilest sinner to the everyday perfectionist. I know that He has provided the way for each of us to return to the presence of our Father in Heaven to live in joy and in glory for the eternities, but in order for Him to help us, we need to learn to LET him. We have to trust in Him enough to ask for help....with complete faith that in HIs time He will respond and give us the relief we need.
I guess I don't have a whole lot of time to tell you all about the experiences from this week, but I want to leave you with the promise that we are each capable of recieving a true and lasting reassurance of His love if we truly look for it. I love you all so much. Never give up the fight because you never know if the victory is just around the corner...and it doesn't do much good to give up and then realize that you were so close.
I love you all! Have a wonderful week and don't forget to look for the Lord's hand in your lives!
Love,
Hermana Garner
No comments:
Post a Comment