I love you so much! Thank you all (for the millionth time) for the wonderful examples you all are for me, and thank you for your support and love as I have been here serving the Lord here in Piura. I truly could not be more grateful :)
This week has been amazing. My companion and I have been able to maintain positive attitudes, even though this week was Peru's Fiestas Patrias (it's kind of like Independence Day in the States, but this year it ended up being like 5 days of holiday) and there honestly weren't a whole lot of people that wanted to recieve us.
One of the highlights of this week for me was Fast and Testimony meeting on Sunday. It was an amazing opportunity to humble myself before the Lord and ask for His guidance and His peace about the work that I've given in the last year and a half. I was also able to bear my testimony in Sacrament Meeting and it was a neat experience for me.
However, today was such an amazing day. We had the opportunity to go on a trip as a zone to the mountains of Piura in a place called Canchaque (Cahn-cha-kay) because we were able to meet a goal of 1200 contacts as a zone for 3 weeks straight! It's a 3 hour bus ride from Piura to there, and then a 2 hour hike (1 1/2 hours in, half hour out) though some of the most beautiful scenery that I have EVER seen. Dad, you would have LOVED this.
As we were driving home this afternoon, I was reflecting on the experience, and I'd like to share with you all a thought that I had about the hike and our lives here on earth: During the hike there were several parts that were a little bit confusing...with paths going in several directions and some confusion about which way was the right way. Several times we had to just hope that we were going down the right path with a prayer in our hearts that everything would turn out all right. Usually, after a few steps down one of the paths, we would find some kind of tip that this was the right way to go--shoeprints from previous members of the group, cookies that they started leaving behind to guide us through the tricky spots, or somtimes people that were coming the other direction down the trail that mentioned that others from the group had just gone this way. I loved that becaused it's truly so applicable to our lives and the gospel. Every single one of us is going through the "hike" of this life for the first time. Sometimes, we're not really sure which path to take and how we're supposed to know if it's right or not. As we willingly take a few faithful steps down the path that we think might be the right one, it is often THEN that the Lord brings us the calming reassurance that this is the way that He wants us to go. I know that even though we don't always see Him, the Lord is always in our lives. If we're willing to take a few steps into the unknown, we can have the surety that He will give us the reassuring guidance that we need to keep going ahead. I'm so grateful for that personal guidance that He's given me and I hope to keep relying on it as I continue my journey here on this earth.
I know that this gospel is TRUE!! Live it to the end! I love you all so much and I want you all to know that I know that Jesus Christ lives and He loves us. Remember Him every day of your lives and you will always be blessed.
Love,
Hermana Garner
Our p-day adventure to Canchaque!
No comments:
Post a Comment