Monday, July 6, 2015

First week of Transfers!

Dearest family and friends,

What a week! This week has seriously been filled with so much work. Hermana B. and I have been contacting and teaching like crazy, and our numbers really reflected our work...weeks like last week are so gratifying...you just feel like what you're doing is so worth it. 

This week we rescued Hermana M.!! Thank you all for your prayers on her behalf. It's been working so well because now she and her husband both had their interviews with the bishop and they've decided to move back together, which will be something really amazing for their kids. We've also started teaching her husband, so it will be awesome if we could rescue the whole family. 

I am so grateful for such inspired leaders. This week in our sacrament meeting our bishop announced a ward caravan that they're going to have in August to go to the Trujillo temple. It was neat because about a month ago Hermana G. and I had talked to the bishop about organizing a caravan to the temple because there were a lot of members excited to go and we thought it was a good idea. However at that time, he told us that the bishopbric had decided that the members should go on their own account and that there wasn't going to be anything organized for the ward to travel there in the near future. It was really sad for us, but we accepted it. However, on Sunday when they announced that the area presidency had suggested that they make plans to go to the temple before the end of August, they were willing to follow that counsel! It will be such a blessing for the ward members, especially for new converts like Hermana A. and for rescatados like Hermana M.. Now we're working on helping them be worthy and prepared to go. :) Going to be a great blessing!

This week my companion Hermana B. and I had a truly amazing week. I have been so touched by her excitement about being in a new area and her desire to work hard and give all that she has. She has brought with her a renewed desire for me to work harder and be better every day and that has really inspired me in the last 7 days that we've spent together. Yesterday we finished off a really successful week with a truly amazing experience. There is a brother that is in the bishopbric in our ward that asked us about 3 weeks ago to visit his wife. With my last companion we visited her several times, but thought about dropping her because she wasn't progressing and sometimes the comments that the brother made were really distracting and made it hard to feel the Spirit. But, yesterday when we went to visit them, Hermana B. and I took control of the lesson and shared the message of the restoration of the gospel. The Spirit was SO powerful when we shared it. The sister opened up to us about some of the fears she has about the church and her husband shared his testimony and...wow. It was so powerful. Both of them ended up crying and the peace of the Spirit was so present in that room. I am so grateful for the inspiration that goes into transfers and just how perfect they always are. I love my companion and I am so grateful for this week...and looking forward to next week.

That is just one of the truly powerful experiences that we've had this week. I love my companion and I know that even when it's not exactly what we want, transfers are always inspired.

Love you all so much! Have a great week!

Love,

Hermana Garner

first picture as companions!

In the zone meeting 

My three companions! 

Our new convert, rescatado and their daughter that they blessed yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment