This week has been a really good week. I feel like Hermana B. and I have really gotten into our rhythm of teaching and the lessons we've had have been so powerful.
Something that has really impacted me over the last couple of days is the inspiration of our bishop in who he has asked us to visit. As I may have told you all, before the last transfer ended, we had our ward conference. In that conference there were several less active members that ended up going. A few of them were members of the S. family. The family have been members for a really long time, but only half of the family is active. (and those that are active are very strong members of the ward) Anyways, there were a few of the members of this family that went to the ward conference. After that the Bishop asked us if we could try to visit their family more frequently and see if we can help them come back to church. In the last couple of weeks Hermana B. and I have been trying really hard to help them out. This last week it has been so neat to see how the Lord has opened so many doors for us and has helped us to get just a little bit closer to them. Tonight we're going to have a FHE with their famliy and we are really excited. Hopefully it will all turn out well!
In spite of our best efforts, we're still struggling finding new investigators...however, yesterday we went to visit a member family and we asked them for referrals and it was amazing because the dad and mom both had referrals for us and their daughter is going to go with us this week to visit their family friend. It seems pretty promising and we're looking forward to seeing how it works out this week.
I love my companion so much. She is teaching me how to be more teachable and how to go with the flow a lot more. She's helped me get a totally new perspective of the mission and I am so grateful for her.
Something that I've been working on this week is listening during my prayers. I always have so many things to ask Him to bless, but sometimes I don't take the time to actually form a question and wait for His response. I invite each of you to no only pray, but to listen as well. Love you all!
Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Hermana Garner
No comments:
Post a Comment