Monday, June 29, 2015

Lots of Changes, Lots of Blessings

My dear family and friends,

I hope you know how wonderful you all are. Just so you know. :)

This week has been a great week. A major part of our week was spent doing a bunch of different activities in preparation for our Ward Conference yesterday. We saw Meet the Mormons on Wednesday, worked on Family HIstory on Thursday, had a HUGE pot luck/dance/talent show on Friday and we cleaned up the church on Saturday. Then Sunday was the Ward Conference. 

All of the activities went really well (except the one for family history...literally nobody showed up. But we hadn't planned that Peru would be playing in the south american cup...haha) and we had a TON of investigators that showed up...especially on Friday. Even though at first it kind of seems like a lot of time spent in activites it was actually a really good thing for our ward, because lots of times it's easy to just be friends on Sunday and forget about everyone for a week. However with the activites so close together it helped the members-and the investigators-to be close together for more than just one day this week, and you could reall feel the difference on Sundayduring the conference. 

Hermana G. and I have been having a bit of a hard time lately finding new investigators, so hopefully this week, we can visit some of the people that were able to go to the activities. Your prayers for our finding efforts are and will continue to be much appreciated. :) 

On Friday, Hermana G. and I had a really neat experience. We went to the house of a sister that we're teaching that's currently preparing to be baptized, named Irina. She's a really neat person. When we were preparing to teach her, we were having a hard time thinking about what we should teach. We decided to go with what we had planned during our weekly planning, but with the mind and heart open to anything else that the Spirit would guide us to teach her. It was so interesting because we started talking to her to follow up on her BOM reading, and the conversation just so naturally flowed to talking about commandments of God and also about the tendancy to adore Saints here. It was a really neat moment because Hermana G. and I just looked at each other, nodded our heads in agreement, and opened up the scriptures to talk about the 10 commandments. I loved that because it meant that we were both being guided by the Spirit. I have loved these last two transfers with her and I love working with her. 

Today, Hermana G. left to go to TUMBES...in my same area El Triunfo!! And, she'll be there with Hermana S. I'm seriously so excited for her. I'm so grateful that the Lord has put them together. I know that they're going to do so many good things for the people there. I'm going to miss Hermana G. so much...we really have become the best of friends. I have learned so much from her and I love her a lot. I'm so grateful for amazing companions and the impact they have in our lives! 

I am now with Herman B., also from Lima. She's 19 (her bday is next monday) and she has 6 months in the mission. She comes from Catacaos and is excited to be working in her second area. We will no longer be sister leaders. She's super cute and small and loves to talk and we get along just great. She also lived in the US for about 10 years, so she's going to be able to help me out a lot with my English!! ;) President and Sister Rasmussen will be getting here this Wednesday, and next week we'll have the chance to get to meet them. Super excited! 

This work is true. I know that the Savior lives. I love Him and I love this work.

Love,

Hermana Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment