Happy 2015!!! It's so hard to believe that another year has come and
gone, especially when I remember that I spent the majority of 2014 here in Peru!! Kind of crazy. But I'm so grateful for all of the amazing blessings that 2014 has brought to my life, and am looking forward to new learning experiences and growth in 2015!
So this week was pretty low key, we ended up visiting a lot of members because it turns out that there aren't actually a lot of people that want to receive the missionaries when it's New year's haha. Oh well. But we had a good new year's! My companion and I had her training for her first 5 weeks in the mission and we both learned a lot...about the things that we're doing really well and the things that we could definitely be doing better. It was a good conference and a good time to put some new goals as a companionship and personally. :)
On Wednesday everything was pretty normal, we went on visits and were able to have a really interesting conversation with a less active that left me reflecting a lot. Basically he just told us that he's working full time right now and going to school full time, and that's why he hasn't been going to church. I asked him what he would say to the Savior if He came tomorrow, and his answer is what really impacted me. He told me "Well, I know that God knows my heart, and even if I'm not reading the scriptures or going to church, He knows that I love Him and that when I've finished my degree I'll have more time for Him." It was sad for me to see how wrong his thoughts were, but to realize just how easy it is for us to think that way. Heavenly Father should always be first in our lives, no matter what. I realized that a lot of times we think...well, I'll just put off church or reading the scriptures for a little bit, and once this stage of my life has passed, I'll have more time for Him. But really, it shouldn't be like that. That's how Satan gets in. He makes us think that all is well in zion, and tries to make us feel content with what we've done already. But, if we're not constantly with our hands firmly on the iron rod, then before we know it, we're lost in the darkness, far away from where we thought we were and from where we really should be.
I really can't tell you all how important it is to always make sure that you're constantly aware of your relationship with God. Don't be content with where you're at, but don't beat yourself up either. I think the best question we can always ask ourselves is What lack I yet? I know this church is true and I know that this year is another opportunity to make necessary changes and come closer to Christ. I love you all so much! Sorry it's so short this week, ran out of time!
Love,
Hermana Garner
Oh! To explain the pictures...we went on a hike to a place called Morropon today. It's super gorgeous and made me think so much of all the hikes we always go on as a family! I know you would have loved it dad!
| our new years eve dinner :) |
| Before the hike today! (with the hats we made as a zone...hashtag pday!) |
| at the waterfall |
No comments:
Post a Comment