I hope that you all have had a wonderful week and that the Lord is blessing each and every one of you in your daily lives! I know He's been doing that with me!
I just want to start off this letter letting you all know that the mission is the best thing that anyone could ever choose to do. Even though sometimes it's extremely hot, sometimes (or a lot of times) the people we teach don't want to listen or don't want to act on what we teach them, and sometimes it's really hard to be so far away from everything you've known and loved your whole life...but it's seriously the BEST. Every day I learn so many new things, about how far I can go even when I'm completely wiped out, how patient I can be when someone treats us rudely, how much I can trust in my Savior when I choose to repent. It's the best choice I've ever made in my life, and I'm so grateful that my Heavenly Father (as well as my earthly parents) gave me the opportunity to serve.
This week we kept working hard. We found a new woman that's showing a lot of potential...she read the first pamphlet after the first visit and prayed and everything, and that RARELY happens. We have another lesson with her tonight, so hopefully it will go well!
The highlight of this week was our zone meeting on Thursday. We talked about how, since it's a new year, we have the opportunity to really reflect on what we've done, where we are, and make the necessary changes! We talked about the new Standards of Excellence....that at first seem impossible, but with a lot of faith and hard work we know we'll be able to achieve! It was a really spiritual meeting, and there was a super strong Spirit there. A lot of it came from the passion that our zone leaders had for what they had talked about in the Leadership council that they have with President Rowley at the beginning of every month. We talked about how in order to have success, we have to apply what Nephi did with his brothers when they went back to get the plates...we have to have 1. Vision 2. Goals 3. Plans 4. DO IT and 5. Report, or be accountable for what we did. Sometimes, in order to make sure that everything works, we have to repeat the plans and do it parts more than once (like Nephi and his brothers did) but if we always remember the Vision, then eventually we reach it. I loved that.
I know that this church is true. I know that the time for Jesus Christ to come is near and that we can't let a day go by without preparing ourselves for that day. We need to be constantly giving our all, repenting and improving, so that when He comes, we'll be ready. I love you all a whole lot, and hope the best and pray for you always! Have a wonderful week!
Love,

No comments:
Post a Comment