Monday, January 26, 2015

Micaela...Cumpleaños de Hna G!

Dear family and friends,

How are you all? I hope that this week has been a wonderful one, and that you've all been safe and protected and that you've remembered to read your scriptures, say your prayers, go to church, and that you're all preparing diligently for your Family Home Evening tonight! (yes, that means YOU!) :) I hope you know that I love you all a whole lot! :)

This week was a wonderful week for Hermana G. and I. One of the neatest experiences that we had was when we went to teach a sister named Rosa P. She's actually been going to church for the last 2 years, and has been receiving the lessons for almost that long, but the problem is that she's not married and the whole situation is really complicated (her husband was married before and they never got divorced, and his wife didn't want to give him permission, so they couldn't get married), but she is really amazing and has a really strong testimony of the church. She's basically a member already. It was really interesting because one day one of the sisters that was on visits with us took us to her house so that we could meet her, and we realized from the very first moment why the missionaries that had been here before us had decided to stop visiting her. However, we've continued to pass by and have short lessons with her and encouraging her to come to church and promising that the Lord will provide a way for her to get baptized. This week, that promise has started to come true, because her husband found out that his wife had passed away, which makes it possible for her to get married to him! My companion and I felt inspired to invite her to be baptized, even though they don't have the money to pay for a wedding or even for the papers currently, and promised her that if she took this step of faith to put a goal for her baptism, then gave all she had to make it possible, the Lord would provide the rest. It was a really intense moment and the Spirit was really strong. She accepted the baptismal date of March 28th. We're going to be working with the Ward Council this week to organize some kind of fundraiser so that we can earn the necessary money for their marriage. I am so grateful for the Spirit that guides us in our everyday labors as missionaries and the Lord that is willing to back up the promises that we make when speaking through His Spirit and with the true intent of following through to make it happen. I love this work and I know it's true.

As I told you all, I've recently been studying a lot about humility. I was reading in the conference issue of the Liahona, and I LOVE the talk that Elder Uchtdorf gives called Lord, is it I? It was really amazing to see how true it really is, that so many times we have the inability to see ourselves and our own weaknesses how they really are, but we have an endless list of solutions for all the other people in the world. This Sunday in the Sacrament Meeting they also talked about this talk and it was really inspiring to me how the brother that gave the talk related it with the story of the adulteress and Jesus in the New Testament. I am so grateful that the Lord gives us weaknesses to teach us how to be humble and learn wisdom (Msh 2:17 and Ether 12:27) and then that He also gives us the way to overcome those weaknesses through prayer and the Atonement of His Son Jesus Christ. I know that I'm certainly not perfect...not even close. But I'm so grateful for the time I have in this life to be able to learn how to be a little bit more perfect and learn how to rely on my Savior Jesus Christ. 

On Thursday we got the packages you sent mom, thank you SO much! Got here just in time for Hermana G.'s Birthday! She loved the cards (game), and I loved the clothes and the video. On Saturday night the elders in our district threw eggs and all that good stuff, all in all a really memorable experience. 

Love you all!!

Hermana Garner 

After getting your package! I LOVE the clothes (great job mom! and Paige haha) my favorite part was the pictures and the video! Seriously I was dying...I tried to explain it to my companion but the only part she understood was dad's version of Ryan talking to his fianceé haha

Thank you so much for the birthday package for Hna G.! It came just in time because her Bday was this last Saturday! She was super grateful, and.....

...LOVED the cards! Mom, you're the best! Thanks for helping me make the day special for her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment