This week has seriously been one of the most amazing weeks of my mission. I'm so grateful that the Lord really does know each and every one of us and knows specifically what we need in every moment!
My companion and I have been working a lot lately with a family of less actives that are having a lot of trouble in their home. Every time we go in their house it strikes me how they have so much stuff...but you can tell just by the way they interact with each other and how they live their lives that they're still looking for true happiness in their lives. It's a little more than sad, but we're working on helping them recognize that they already have the greatest key to happiness within their reach-The Gospel of Jesus Christ! This last week I was on intercambios with Hermana V. from La Cruz and we were able to have a Family Home Evening with them. We talked about Family History and how important it is to always have a focus on our families...both past AND present. It was a really neat moment. Everyone in the family was there (in the 5 months I've been here, that's only happened like 3 times) and we each wrote down an experience that was really impactful in our lives and that we want our future generations to know about. Then, we all read them out loud. The dad wrote about his wedding day, the mom about her last pregnancy and the anticipation of having another child, and things like that. It was amazing to see how their attitudes all changed as we laughed and talked about the experiences we'd had. I testify to each and every one of you that there is a reason that the First Presidency has asked us to have FHE every week. We need to share those important gospel moments within our homes every week!
This week we also had our interviews with President Rowley. It was, as usual, a really neat experience. He always has us do certain things to prepare for our interview, and usually at some point during the interview we discuss the revelation that we've recieved as we've been able to study and prepare. However, in my interview, even though I had prepared, we hardly talked about those things, but the interview was exactly what I needed. We talked a lot about the importance of families and the success of my family and how much love I have for them...and how I need to help the people here in Tumbes understand how they can find that type of success in their families as well and be able to experience that level of love. It was a really neat experience and I learned a lot.
We also had a Stake conference with a seventy from Bolivia that was really amazing. Sorry I'm not sure where all my time went, but time to go back to work! I hope you all have an amazing week and keep moving forward with your eyes set on the celestial kingdom!
Love,
Hermana Garner
No comments:
Post a Comment