Monday, June 15, 2015

It's a Wonderful Life

Dearest family and friends,

This week has been a really amazing week. And also a little bit crazy! (but...thinking about it, that's really not all that unusual haha) 

On Tuesday it was a really reflective and really Spirit-filled day. It was the last multizone conference that I'll be having here in the mission. It was an interesting time to think about and reflect on my mission and put new goals for what I'd like to accomplish and learn in the last little bit that I have left. I'm grateful for that. It was kind of fun because every time we have one of these conferences they have us all present our companions. This time they asked us to share their name, where they're from and the Book of Mormon character that they remind us of. I shared that Hermana G. is like Zoram (Nephi's best friend) and Lehi (Captain Moroni's best friend) because she has been a true friend to me and has been a great strength and support in some of the hardest battles I've had to fight in the mission. It was a really neat moment. I'm really so grateful for her. 

At the end of the conference, I was able to share my "last testimony". I talked about repentance and forgiveness. I talked about how every transfer we have the chance to change and be a better person. To pick ourselves back up and let the Savior heal us. I feel like it was mostly just for me, but I hope that someone else got something out of it!

It was also President and Sister Rowley's last conference with us, because they finish their mission on the July 1st. So at the end of the conference, they shook everyone's hand  and said goodbye. It was pretty sad. 

Directly after the conference, we started an intercambio with Hermana M. and Hermana P.. Hermana M. came to Miguel Grau with me and we had a really good time. She's from St. George Utah and her dad is from Cedar City (Grandma and Grandpa Hugh...mom...maybe you guys know of some M.'s?) She's a really spunky girl and reminded me a lot of Lindsay with her hair color and her manerisms and everything. During the intercambio I was able to learn from her a lot about being positive and flexible in every circumstance. We were able to relate a lot and it was a neat experience. 

On Thursday we had our last room inspections with President and Sister Rowley. We were able to take a picture with them in our room and they thanked us for the work that we have done and for the prayers that we've given on their behalf. It was a neat moment...and also really sad...but good.

The other days of the week we spent a lot of time just in the streets as all of our appointments fell through...but sometimes missionary life is just like that! But there is no moment that doesn't have some kind of value for the Lord. (see Ecclesiastes 3:1-10 and cross reference-- D&C 122:7 last sentence)

I love you all so much! Thank you for your love and prayers and for always being there for me! 

Love,

Hermana Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment