Monday, April 6, 2015

El tiempo que se va tan rápido....



Buenos días con todos!!!
 
Hello my dear family and friends!! I hope that you all know that I love you so much and am so grateful for each and every one of you. This week has been another really crazy week with a lot of completely unanticipated changes!  And general conference....wow. So amazing.
 
This week was an awesome week. We had the opportunity to share the video "Because He Lives" with quite a few people, members and investigators alike. It's such a beautiful reminder about just how blessed we are to have a Savior that is really there in every moment to lift us up when we fall and help us find peace in some of the most difficult times. There is still so much that I don't comprehend about the love that our Savior has for us and the gravity of the sacrifice that He made for us, but I can say that  I know He lives, and I know that because of what He did, I can live my life with joy and hope every day.
 
I absolutely LOVED general conference. This time I had the blessing to see the whole conference in Spanish and it was so amazing. I got the chance to reflect a little bit on the first general conference that I had in the  mission where I HAD to see it in Spanish and it was so hard to understand, but this time it was so natural it was super weird when they sang the songs in English and everything. I seriously LOVE the Spanish language.  It was really interesting to me that the theme of families continued during the whole conference. As I reflected on just what that might mean for the world right now, I decided once again just how grateful I am that I have the blessing of serving as a missionary right now. As I've been here my testimony of the family has grown SO much, and I've been able to see the difference in the families that have the gospel and those that don't. I'm grateful for the perspective that it's given me while here in the mission and I know that it will continue helping me throught the rest of my life. I love the gospel so much and how it blesses families all over the world. I am really excited to keep highlighting this theme to the people we teach here so that they can see and feel the huge blessings that the gospel can bring to their lives.
 
It was kind of interesting because when Hermana P. and I got on the bus to go to the conference in the morning, there was a man that was preaching to everyone on the bus about how we should follow Jesús Christ and how we're all sinners and everything.  It was such a huge contrast to listen to that and then listen to the conference. Even though the man in the bus quoted a lot of scriptures and said a lot of true statements, there was a HUGE contrast in the amount of Spirit that was conveyed in the conference and the lack thereof in his sermón on the bus.  I testify that President Monson really is a prophet of God and that He has been called by Him to direct and guide us today. I'm also grateful for conferences and the opportunities that they give me to recieve answers and revelation from my Heavenly Father. I know that He really does hear and answer my prayers and He knows exactly what I need and in what time frame I'll need it most. I hope that you all had good conference experiences and that in the upcoming months you can keep studying them and learning from the counsels of God's chosen servants here on earth.
 
This whole last week we've been working a ton with Hermana P. preparing for the Ward activity that we're going to have this next week, and preparing for how to help hermana R. and hermana F. to reach their baptismal goals. I had this feeling of complete surety that I was going to stay another transfer in Micaela, but Saturday before the priesthood sesión the zone leaders called me to tell me that I was going to be transferred to Miguel Grau with Hermana G. as a Sister Leader. When they told me that, I honestly thought they were kidding. I couldn't believe that after having had this surety that I'd be here for a whole other transfer I was going to have to leave!!!  But I was able to say a prayer in that moment, and received a confirmation from the Spirit that this is the Lord's will for me at this time and that He will be with me to support me and help me during the change and with the new responsibilities that I will have. I was able to receive the distinct impression that the Lord has prepared me. I know that He has because He's prepared me for everything that He's asked me to do up to this point. I know that He really  is with us in every moment, and if we seek confirmation of His presence, He will help us to know He's there to support us always.
 
I know that this church is true. I am so grateful for the time I was able to spend in Micaela Bastidas and for the way that the people and expereinces I had there have changed me. I'm grateful for Hermana Pacheco and for her support and I know that I'm leaving the Ward in good hands. :)
 
My new companion is Hermana G.! She's from Lima, is really outgoing and humble at the same time. She's an amazing missionary and a hard worker. I know that we're going to learn so much together. :)
 
Well, I love you all so much! I hope that you have an amazing week and remember how much your Heavenly Father loves you!
 
Love,
 
Hermana Garner
Family C. (the family that has the baby carriage)

The family M. (in front of the moto)

The other family M. that lived under us

 It was just kind of funny that we all had the same colors haha :)

Annnddd the picture with my new companion...Hermana G.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment