I love weeks like this one. It's such a wonderful blessing to be busy sometimes. We were here and there and everywhere, but it was such a good feeling and we saw SO many miracles. I love my companion so much. Hermana G. is so simple and wonderful. We're always laughing and having a good time and at the same time working super hard. I loved learning from her after every intercambio that we had...she always had some neat little insight into the sister's life and explained to me how the Spirit had guided her to help the sister. She is so in tune with the Spirit and I'm so grateful every day to be learning from her.
Oh! And before I forget, there's a sister in the ward that's name is hermana Aida, and she's like our mom. She washes our clothes and always takes such good care of us. She wanted me to tell everyone Hi for her so...Hi! :D
But anyways, as I was saying, I love my companion. Lately she and I have been having a lot of trouble finding new investigators, even though we're CONSTANTLY contacting tons of people. Also, our investigators that we have are having a little bit of trouble progressing. So, we decided to start praying for miracles. We started praying last Monday that the Lord would put in our path families (and people) that are prepared to recieve us and our message. It was amazing because as soon as we walked out of the apartment we found a family. And it was like that the whole week. We found family after family after familiy in the street, just going to and from our appointments. I know that the Lord saw the faith we put into our prayers and our willingness to act accordingly, and because of that we were able to find so many wonderful people in this last week. I am so grateful for the blessing of prayer.
| district pday to the museum (last week) |
We also were able to have 2 intercambios as I was saying. On Tuesday I went to Miraflores (I'm not sure if that sounds familiar to you guys, but that was now the third time that I've been able to spend a day in that area...my first day in the mission and when I was with Hermana M. waiting for Hermana G. to get to the mission) with Hermana S. She's also from AZ, and we have a couple of friends in common and we actually had the chance to meet a couple of times before the mission, so it was pretty fun. :)
| Exchanges and pancakes with Hermana S. |
She's a really obedient missionary and very dedicated. It was a good opportunity for me to learn a couple of new teaching techniques and be reminded of ways to be obedient without taking the life out of missionary work. We ate pancakes in the morning and it was wonderful...so long since I'd eaten pancakes!
On Friday we had another intercambio and I stayed in Miguel Grau with Hermana G.. With her we were able to see so many miracles...one of them being the fact that we made it a whole day in the area, without my companion, and we didn't ever get too lost. :) I loved how she used the scriptures and really percieved the needs of the people that we visited. She always had a scripture that was so perfect for them. A really good experience.
| Intercambio with Hermana G. |
All in all, it's been another amazing week. I am so grateful for the blessing to know that each of us has a loving Heavenly Father that really does listen to and answer our prayers. I encourage you all to reflect on the way you're praying and remember always that you're talking to the very Person that created all that you have and love and appreciate in this life. I know He lives and I know that this is His church.
Love you all,
Hermana Garner
| preaching the gospel to the original Miguel Grau |
| Carambola...or star fruit (as I like to call it :)) it's really sour but super good |
No comments:
Post a Comment