I hope that you all have had a GRAND week this last week, and that all is well. :) This week has been another busy, crazy week here in Tumbes. Hermana O. is super amazing. She's really humble and even though at first she's a little shy, now that we've had a whole week together, we're a lot more comfortable and I'm discovering that she's super funny! She also likes to work hard, which is really awesome. So the work keeps going forward here in el barrio El Triunfo!
A couple of highlights from the week...On Monday, in our first hour together, we were heading to an appointment that we had with an investigator, and we started contacting on the way...the first family that we contacted ended up being members (kind of embarrassing when that happens, but kind of funny as well) which turned out to be quite a miracle because they gave us like three references right then and there! Then, since our appointment fell through, we went and contacted a couple of them right then and there! It was a super amazing way to start out our time together, and I'm loving the energy of my companion. I think sometimes it's a little hard to stay in the area for a long time because sometimes I feel like I've already talked with everyone here and knocked on every door, etc...and even though that's not exactly true, it's great to have someone that's new here at my side to help encourage me to keep up a positive attitude and keep looking for new people!
Also, this Thursday we had our Zone Conference. It was one of the most spiritual ones that I've been to...I felt like everything was so inspired. Something that hit me really hard was that the leaders asked us the question "How did you become converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ?" It was something that really caused a lot of us to think...especially those of us that have grown up with the gospel as a normal part of our everyday lives. My companion said something really inspired...something along the lines of that our conversion is the combination of sometimes small spiritual experiences everyday.
As I reflected on what she said it struck me that that is SO true. There is a reason why the apostles and prophets (from the scriptures as well as modern day) always tell us that we need to read the scriptures and pray each day, as well as participate of the cleansing effects of the sacrament each week so that we can be more receptive to the spirit throughout the week. As we hearken to these councils, we'll always be able to keep progressing in our conversion and it will be a lot harder to get caught up in the temptations of Satan. That's also why, as missionaries, PMG encourages us to have daily contact with our investigators, so that they can be reinforced in their conversion process with small, spiritual experiences everyday. It was really neat for me to think about that. It's also helped me to understand why sometimes it's so easy for the people to go inactive...once we stop having those small spiritual experiences everyday, our conversion process comes to a halt and it's a lot harder to stay strong in the face of the adversary. I'd like to invite each and every one of you (yes, again :)) to reflect on what you are doing and what you could be doing to strengthen your conversion each and every day.
I love each and every one of you, and I want you all to know that this gospel is true. I know that the world that we live in is filled with a lot of horrible things, but as long as we are constantly connected with the gospel of Jesus Christ and strengthening our testimony in small and simple ways, that the seed that we planted in faith will grow into a tree that bears joy and peace in the constant turbulence of this world. (see Alma 32)
Never forget that you may be fighting a spiritual battle with Satan every day, but that the God who created all things is on your side fighting with you, as long as you're willing to accept His help (by doing what he's asked you to do). Stay strong always, and never forget what's most important!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment