Tuesday, April 15, 2014

MultiZone Conference and some amazing people :)

Querido Familia y amigos,

Wow, time in the mission seriously flies by so fast. I can hardly
believe that it's already Monday again! A couple of things....I'm
seriously so sorry about the no picture thing. I'm going to buy a new
camera next week, and hopefully can get some pictures sent to you
guys! I have a few (my camera will take like two pictures then die...)
but the computer isn't working with the software so...no pictures
again this week. I'm really sorry:( Also, just wanted to say thank you
SO much mom for these wonderful shoes. They're holding up really well
and I haven't gotten one blister yet, even though we walk forever and
a mile everyday :) Also, mom I got your Dearelder this week, and a
letter from Grandma and Grandpa Hugh when we had our multizone
conference...THANK YOU! It's so fun to get letters and have them to
read whenever I have time, and they both came at just the right
moments :)

Annddd, in other news, it's been a really great week. Started out on
Tuesday with intercambios (exchanges) with Hermana Roper and Hermana
Callisaya. I went to Central Sullana and was with Hermana Callisaya.
We had a really great time visiting with their investigators, setting
goals, and learning from each other. She's really amazing, and I
really learned how much of an affect sincerely loving your
investigators can have on the lessons you teach. I've been working
this week to try to apply that and it's been really wonderful.

On Wednesday after intercambios, Hermana Rios and I went to our
pensionista to eat, and it was really funny because we had the exact
same dish that I'd eaten with Hermana Callisaya the day before...it's
kinda like chicken and rice...shredded rice in a delicious sauce with
rice (of course;) That night we had a lesson with a Menos Activo we've
been visiting with, and I had the oppportunity to take the lead of the
lesson and teach about 1 Nephi 17. I'd encourage you all to go read
it...it's when Nephi is commanded to build the ship to cross the ocean
to the promised land. I love how faithful he is, even in the midst of
the discouraging words of his brothers.

Thursday we had multizone conference in Talara. It was AWESOME. We
focused on talking about the Book of Mormon and how important it
really is, as well as the booklets Mi Familia and family history and
how we can use that to interest people in our message. My testimony
was really strengthened about both of those topics...especially the
Book of Mormon. In Preach My Gospel it talks about how we should put
to the test Moroni's promise in Moroni 10:3-5 as often as possible so
that our testimony of the Book of Mormon can constantly be increasing.
Love that. We also performed our little skit as a zone...ours was
pretty simple, but it was still way fun. The other zone had lots of
costumes and funny lines, and it was basically just a really great
time making fools of ourselves. :)

That night we had a seriously powerful lesson with an investigator that
we have. Her name is Olga, and she has a lot of really serious health
issues...enough that she's really worried about how much time she has
left in this life. We had a really neat opportunity to listen to her
concerns, and change our lesson to talk about the Atonement and how
trusting in Christ and praying from her heart can really help her to
find comfort and strength in this time. She prayed at the end of the
lesson, and it was so powerful. I really have high hopes for her.

Sunday was awesome as well, Carmita--the menos activo we've been
working with--came to church, along with two of our other
investigators. We're starting to get to know the area and the members
and starting to find some really choice people that are ready to hear
our message. I'm so grateful for this work!!

Thank you all for your prayers and love. I can definitely feel their
strength working in my life. Love you all so much! I am so grateful
for each one of you. Have an AWESOME week!!

Love,

Hermana Garner

P.s. mom--I'm trying to fill out my booklet for family history
stuff...but i don't have any pictures!! Do you think you could help me
out a little bit and send me some pictures? One of our family, one of
you and dad, g&g garner, g&g hugh, (they can be individual pictures)
and if possible some of their parents? no rush, but that would be so
awesome! Thank you so much for all you do! Pray for you everyday! LOVE
YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment