Wednesday, April 9, 2014

First Zone Conference, General Conference in Spanish, and Missionary life!

Querido Familia y amigos!

How are you all?! It's so great to hear from everyone. Thank you for those that have written me, I am working on replying, I promise! Don't be offended if I don't reply right away, I promise I still love you!

Mom and Dad, I'm sorry that I haven't really answered any of your questions...I'll try to do a little of that now =)
Yes, Hermana R. and I speak Spanish 100 percent of the time. She knows very limited words in English, like brother, sister, mom, dad, and some animals and such, but other than that not much else. But it's really been good for me! Our companionship has had some rough times...it's really easy for misunderstandings to happen when I don't always know how to express my feelings in the right way in Spanish, but thankfully, Heavenly Father has been helping us this whole time, and now we've gotten past the rough spots and are becoming the best of friends. It's so amazing how He works in our lives isn't it? 

Next, we live in a little room that's on the second floor of a member's house, but it's totally separate with it´s own entrance and separate kitchen, bathroom and sort of little living room where we study, along with the rooms for our beds. It's pretty small by American standards, but it's VERY nice for our area. We're really greateful. We are in charge of making breakfast and dinner, but we have a pensionista that makes us lunch. It's really good. Lots of rice rice rice and chicken. I'm pretty much in heaven haha. The food really is good. On the weekends for lunch we eat at member's houses, which is pretty interesting because it's usually a bit of a struggle finding their houses. We don´t have dinner appointments though. We usually eat dinner after we come in for the night, at like 830 before planning at 9. The members are great, but there's literally only like 5 families that live in our area, so that makes it a little difficult to get to know them or to have them help us, but we're getting along. In central Sullana right next to the stake center, there's a little internet cafe that we've been going to to write our emails. It's pretty interesting stuff haha but I'm just grateful that we get to write you guys! Sorry that I haven´t been sending pictures, my camera is having trouble charging...I might have to get a new one...and also I forgot my cord today. Sorry! Also, mom, when you send the package, please put Chad Alvin Rowley on the top of the address line, before you put my name so that they can have an easier time picking it up! Thanks! And if you could send some of those flosser things that would be wonderful, and maybe a church CD if that would fit? If not, don't worry about it =)

oh, and yes, we have someone that does our laundry for us haha, thank goodness.

Sorry about the letters, I don't mean for them to seem so rushed, thanks for your ideas I'll definitely keep them in mind!

This week was really crazy! We had tons of appointments, and even though most of them are first lessons, it's been good to stay busy! We also had my first zone conference, which was really fun. It's hard sometimes to keep up with everything in spanish but Im getting along. Something funny that happened this week was we went to the Stake Center to watch GC, but the power wasnt working for some reason, so we sat in the chapel and sang hymns for the first hour of conference. It was a bit of a bummer, but the Spirit there was really neat! The conference is shown in the stake center for all five sessions, but the members only really came to the Sunday morning one, which was interesting for me. Everything here is so different. People are so much more laid back about everything...the whole rhythm of life is differnet...so much more slow paced, and laid back. For example, pretty much everyone is late to sacrament meeting, and lots of people come in jeans and tshirts.But everyone is so great. And Conference was amazing. Again, really different to listen in Spanish, but still really uplifting. It's a lot easier to narrow down the ideas of the conference overall when the things you understand are so limited. The main ideas I noticed were love, obedience, faith, and of course missionary work. I'm so excited to start applying all the new things I learned!

Something I wanted to share with you all is that l LOVE YOU! Seriously, I'm so grateful for all of you and the examples youve been to me in my life. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan and purpose for everything that happens in our lives, and I know that having each one of you in it is a big part of that for me. The other thing I wanted to say is that prayers really are answered. I know I've mentioned that before, but its really true. Its almost never in the time or the way that we expect or maybe want, but it's always in the BEST way for us. He always has our best interests in mind, and sometimes He knows that our faith in Him needs to grow a little bit before He gives us His answer. Love and miss you all so much! 

Hope everyone is having a spendid week! Take some time and think about the people in your life that you can share the gospel with and pray for the courage to do so!
Love,

Hermana Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment