Dear Friends and Family!!
Wow this has been a seriously crazy week. I have been looking forward to emailing home all week! Also, just wanted to take a second and thank everyone who emailed me this week--it seriously makes me so happy! So THANK YOU! :)
Alright, so I'm super sorry but there seriously is not enough time to be able to write out everything I want to tell you all, so I'll just have to stick to a few highlights :)
Soooo....we had TWO EARTHQUAKES this week! Crazy huh?! (don't worry mom, they weren't big...nothing to worry about ;)) It's just kinda cool to actually be able to say I've been in not even just one, but multiple earthquakes--in the same week!
On Tuesday, Elder C. Scott Grow came and spoke to us about menos activos. It was a really inspirational meeting and I really loved it! Plus it was great becuase I dídn't even need the translator and the whole thing was in Spanish! :) Felt pretty great not gonna lie.
My companion and I had a couple rough spots this week, but we were able to work everything out, and our companionship is like super strong now! I love her so much :) To go along with that, we taught our investigator Mario a few more times this week, and we had a super neat lesson where we had him pray at the end and it was super powerful!! I could have touched the Spirit in that room. So neat.
On Saturday we got to go prosolyte!! IT. WAS. AMAZING. One of the most spiritually uplifting moments of my life. I was paired with a N. American companion (which is pretty unusual--they usually put us with a Latina companion) but she was so awesome. She is a convert and on the bus ride she told me her conversion story and I have so much respect for her. She was so happy and so brave...we talked to pretty much every person we came upon! We also went and knocked some doors...which was the best part. We knocked on this one woman's door and she let us in. Her house was tiny...and the crazy thing about it was we were in a pretty rich area for peru! She just had the sweetest disposition and was so welcoming and accepting of us and our message. It amazed me how I was able to feel the Lord's love for her so strongly as we shared the message of the gospel with her. I got the opportunity to share a short message and bear my testimony in spanish, and it was wonderful. The best part was at the end though. We taught her how to pray, and asked her to say the last prayer. When she prayed it brought the Spirit so strongly. NEVER underestimate the power of a simple, sincere prayer. When she finished, she looked up at us and we told her how well she had done, and she said that she hadn't ever prayed before in her life. She had the most amazing spirit about her. I love her so much and I really hope that the Elders in that area take our reference and go and teach her, because she needs the gospel so much.
Yesterday we went to Interpol and I sat next to this guy while we were waiting to be picked up, and we had a full on conversation! I felt pretty cool because he told me I was the first person he'd ever spoken to from the US :) It was so neat though!!
And that was pretty much my week! I'm still loving peru and I really do love it even more everyday! Spanish is a wonderful language even though I'm still so far from really knowing it.
I love and miss you all so much! Thanks for all the support and love!
Love,
Hermana Garner
| Samantha with Hermana Stringham (her neighbor at BYU) at the Atlanta Airport before they headed off to Peru! |
| Samantha's District at the CCM (MTC in spanish) |
| Roomies!! The redhead is Hermana Ballard from BYU! |
| Peru Temple Hermana Kaeding, Stringham, Samantha and Ramos |
No comments:
Post a Comment