Hola my wonderful amigos y familia!!
Well, its been just another fabulous week over here in Peru!! Turns out I pretty much know someone famous...a girl in my district-Hermana T.-is the sister of the guy who started WaffleLuv!!!! I mean what the heck right?! SO neat. It was awesome when we found out cause she told us the whole story about how much the Lord's hand was in her brother's life as he was trying to get everything together and it was WAY inspiring. Who knew that a waffle truck could have such a cool back story?! haha. But another cool thing about that was that it turns out she was IN GILBERT training the new people for their truck there, and actually totally went country dancing the same day that I went! So we totally could have met before...pretty random. It was really fun to talk about home haha :)
So anyways, back to all the missionary stuff ;) We got a new batch of missionaries this week, which means some new roommates--and Amber's going to love this--one of them is from Australia!! and the other one is from Tuscon! Pretty great. They're really nice, even though they always like to wake up early and make a lot of noise and go to bed late....haha it's still been good!
Honestly, there really isn't much else to talk about this week...I still wake up at 6:30 every morning, eat, go to class, eat, teach, class, teach, eat, class, bed. Not much too exciting. Sundays are the best day of the week though. Its interesting because we spend the whole week, Monday through Saturday on basically just Spanish. But Sunday is ALL spiritual. We have church, then tons of personal and companion study time. It's quite wonderful actually. This week I got to spend some time studying about diligence, and I've really strengthened my testimony about that subject. I was reading in D&C 70 and it was seriously so eye opening. Especially verses 3-5, 8-10, and the promise in verses 15-18. We each have a responsibility to give everything we have to each assignment we're given, but we're never asked to give more than our best.
OH, and one last crazy thing I almost forgot...we had our HALFWAY interviews this week. It's crazy how the timing goes here...the days feel like forever but the weeks go by crazy fast! Can't believe I'm already halfway through my CCM experience!
I sure do love you all! Don't ever forget to recognize the little blessings in your life, because the Lord's hand really is always there if you're looking for it! Love you all!!
Sincerely,
Hermana Garner
| Feeling connected to home with all the lantana everywhere! |
| Hermana Garner and her district at the Temple. |
| Another North American connection, Starbucks (not sure she has ever even bought anything there before but they are everywhere here:)), |
No comments:
Post a Comment