Sometimes I just have moments where I look and reflect on all that God has given me and I am just SO grateful. I love each and every one of you, and want you to know that I am so grateful for the examples you've been for me and for all your love. I love you all SO MUCH!
This week has been one that I will never forget. On Monday, we left Tumbes super early and it was kind of funny because all 6 of the sisters that were there in Tumbes were coming to Piura except my companion...and even though we had coordinated for her to stay with a member, she didn't show up so we had to leave her with the elders...I have no idea what she did all day, but I hope they figured something out!
When we got to Piura, we went straight to the stake center in Piura Central for the transfer meeting. I was assigned to stay with Hermana M. (she's a super awesome missionary that's from Utah, but her parents are both from Venezuela so she's spent her whole life talking Spanish and English) while we waited for our new companions. The whole time we were kind of freaking out...What are our companions going to be like? are we really ready to train? AHHHH. haha. But it was also really neat to teach with her. We had a really easy time teaching together and for a minute we were like..."umm, it's definitely not going to be like this with our new companions". But it was a really nice time to spend with her. It was also kind of funny because I had actually proselyted in her area before...the FIRST day I was here in Piura, when we went tracting in the afternoon, I had gone with an hermana to that same area! It was kind of crazy to see how the tables had turned.
On Wednesday morning we got to the Stake center and got our companions! I'm with Hermana G., from...you guessed it! Bolivia! Haha. Santa Cruz, just like my trainer. :) She's super tiny, but she's a firecracker! Tons of energy and desires to work hard. After the training that morning with President Rowley and a few pictures and pizza for lunch, our zone leaders (E' C. and E' H.) came to take us to our new area. They showed us our apartment and everything and had even set up that the bishop's wife could come by to show us around the area a little bit. They were super helpful and it was such a huge blessing. So we got our things ready for a minute while we were waiting for her to come, then she came and showed us around to our new area.
The area is SUPER tiny. We could literally walk around the perimeter of our entire area in about 30 minutes :) but I already love it. It's super nice actually because it makes it easy to figure out where we are. It's a HUGE difference from my area in Tumbes. Everything there was paved road, and everything here is literally dirt. If you reach the paved roads for almost every side, you're at the limit of our area. So that's going to be a big transfer...my acne is already bad....haha but oh well.
I love the ward. They're all super helpful. We live on the second floor of a member's house, and they're like our family now. When we leave they wave goodbye, and when we come home they welcome us home and ask us how our day went, if anybody went on visits with us and everything. I love it so much :)
I am seriously SO thankful for my Heavenly Father, and that He knows me SO well. I have experienced so many tender mercies in this last week. I don't know if I told you all, but when I first got to the mission field in Sullana, my companion and I arrived to an area book that basically had nothing in it. Well, maybe i didn't know that then, but the Lord was definitely preparing me to get to this point in my life, because the same thing happened to my companion and I here. I'm just grateful that I was taught how to keep the area book updated everyday and for the opportunity to teach that to my companion! Also, on Thursday night our zone leaders called us to see how things were going, and even though it was such a small thing, it helped me feel like we weren't totally alone and that if we needed help, there really was someone there to help us out. That and all the support of the members that we've been getting has really made this week one of the best weeks of my mission.
I'm so grateful for my companion. She loves to work hard and is really amazing!
Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Love,
Hermana Garner
| Hna G. and I |
| Hna G. in our cuarto |
No comments:
Post a Comment