Monday, February 9, 2015

Micaela Bastidas--The land of eternal heat

Dear Friends and Family!

I hope that you all were able to do some reflecting after reading my email last week! I know that this life is very short....and we never know exactly how much time we have left, so we have to take advantage of every moment that's given to us! 

This week has been a really good one, and really really really hot haha :) Good thing that I grew up in Gilbert so at least I know a little bit about how to deal with this kind of heat!  It was also a really good week for us to go out on visits with the members. We were able to have some really neat lessons with our investigators this week, and everything actually went really well. Right now we're teaching the friend of the woman that washes our clothes. Her name is T. A long time ago she met some of the sister missionaries that were here in Micaela, but didn't want to listen to them, even though her friend was a member of the church. Then, when we talked to her she said, "why not!" So we've been teaching her a lot recently. The first time we actually had a lesson with her we were able to invite her to pray. I was super surprised when we got to the second lesson and without even having asked her, she told us "Hermanas, I've been praying,and you were right. I feel extremely relieved like you said I would." It was amazing. We left her a Book of Mormon and she was able to start reading it. She still hasn't been able to go to church yet, but that's our goal for this week, so hopefully she and her husband can go. I was so grateful that she let us into her house. I really have been able to see in her that when the Lord promised me before the mission that there would be people waiting here for me to teach that it's really true. I feel like there's a reason why she recieved Hermana Guardia and me and not the other missionaries. I'm so grateful that we have the chance to get to work with her! 

Another really neat moment that we had this week is that we were able to invite one of our new investigators to baptism in her first real lesson with us and she accepted! It was a really neat moment and even though she wasn't able to go to church, she's still doing really well and we're so grateful that the Lord is sending people to our path and helping us to help them. I know that this church is true, and I know that there really are people that the Lord is preparing in all of our lives. And it's our job to go out and look for them. 

This morning I was studying about charity. In Preach My Gospel it talks about how when we have charity we feel the true desire to serve God and others because we sincerely love them and know that it's something that they need and that will bless their lives. It's also something that we only recieve after having asked for it from God and showing by our works that it's something that we really want. I'd like to invite you all to ask for a little more charity in your prayers and keep looking for ways to share the gospel! 

Love you all!
Hermana Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment