Tuesday, August 26, 2014

:)

Dear family and friends, 

Helloooo! How are all of you?! I hope that this week has gone well for all of you, and that you're all safe and sound! 

This week has been another great one here in Tumbes! We started out with a really fun FHE in the house of our pensionista. It was nice because we came semi prepared to give a lesson, but not expecting the WHOLE family to come, so it caught us a little by surprise when everyone came down, but then the Dad already had something prepared and just gave us a couple of minutes to share something. It was super funny because at the end we played this game...that I've played before but I can't remember what it's called in English...although I'm sure my dad could tell you! It's where everyone's in a circle and one person is blindfolded in the middle. They spin the person in the middle a few times so that they're a little disoriented, but meanwhile the people in the circle change spots. The person in the middle is given something they can use to feel around the circle (like a bunch of paper rolled up) and they go around basically whacking everything they encounter until they finally hit a person. Then they have to say an animal, and the person they hit has to make the sound and the person in the middle has to guess who they hit just by the sound they make! It was super funny because my companion got to be in the middle second, and she hit me! The problem was that I don't really know the names of animals very well in Spanish, so when she told me to make a sound...I didn't know what sound to make! Thankfully, in between laughs, the family helped me out, but since my North American accent is a bit of a give away (plus the fact that we kind of live together 24/7...) made it pretty easy for her to guess who it was! Even though that was a little embarrasing, it was a really fun time! 

The rest of the week we worked hard and planned hard, but even in spite of all that, everything doesn't always turn out like we planned...so our numbers weren't very high this week :( however, we're looking forward to another chance to work a little bit harder to be a little bit better this week! 

One day we were having a particularly difficult time finding someone to let us come in and teach them, and we had just started walking to another person's house after encountering another empty home, when we heard "Hermanas!" We turned around to see one of the daughters of a new investigator that we have chasing us down the street. When she finally caught up to us, she told us that her mom saw us pass by, and had a little treat that she wanted to share with us. How sweet right? It was just what we needed to lift our spirits a little bit. I'm so grateful that our Heavenly Father really is looking out for us in every moment! 

This weekend Hermana C. has been pretty sick, and so much so that we weren't able to go proselyting at all on Saturday. She's a little bit better, and the Elders gave her a blessing yesterday, but if you could all keep her in your prayers this week, I'm sure that it would be very helpful, and certainly much appreciated! 

I sure love you all! Never forget to read your scriptures and pray everyday, and always make sure that you're always looking for the tender mercies of the Lord in your life...I promise you'll really be able to recognize just how much he really is doing for you if you're willing to look! 

Con cariño,

Hermana Garner

 PDay!! 

Before lunch

mmmm chaufa!

No comments:

Post a Comment